We are a husband and wife photography team, located in the Gila Valley, serving Thatcher, Safford, Pima, and the outlying areas, but are willing to travel upon request.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Photo Raffle

I know some people only look at my blog in Google Reader, so I thought I'd go ahead and make this a post, even though I have it at the top of my blog as well. It will stay there until this fundraiser is over, so PLEASE DONATE!



A friend of my husband's passed away a few days ago after a long and difficult fight with lupus. He was 29. His wife is now a widow at 24. Their sweet little boy has lost his father at the young age of 2 1/2. While her faith remains strong, and what will carry her through this horrible time, I am asking that you remember her and her family in your prayers. Please pray for strength, comfort and support. This is somebody that most of you don't even know. But PLEASE know that I wouldn't be a part of something like this if it wasn't something that I truly believed in and something and someone that is truly in need. With all of the heartache this family is going through at this time, we want to try and help them as much as possible.

I was contacted about helping with this fundraiser and I immediately said YES. Anyone who clicks on the button and makes a donation of $10 or more will automatically be entered to win a portrait session by me! The donations are taken through Paypal, and when you donate make sure you write in the "notes" section that you are entering to win a session from Halversen Photography. Thank you SO much in advance for any help you can offer, I know the Haban family will appreciate it more than you know.

To learn more about this family and to read their story, go to http://kamandjami.blogspot.com/ or you can go to their fundraiser site http://habanfundraiser.blogspot.com/. THANKS!

(I'm having technical difficulties with the button at the moment, so you can go directly to http://www.paypal.com/ and send your donation to habanraffle-halversenphoto@yahoo.com , or just click HERE and it should take you exactly where you need to go. Just make sure you mention me when you donate...hopefully I'll have my button up and running soon!) Fundraiser ends September 26th and winners will be announced at that time. THANK YOU!

No comments: